Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 55 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2010 01:48 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" January 5 2010

After refuelling at Armidale I headed out to Walcha. The road was mainly long straights with long sweeping corners.There was so little traffic and I could just play.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-06-2010 01:49 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Smile

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 01-06-2010 01:53 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

I topped up again at Walcha coz it was 160ks to Gloucester and rode the Thunderbolts Way SE back down the mountains to the coast.

• 01-06-2010 01:54 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Pete, Myrtleford to Mt. Buffalo is majestic also... Same as Mt. Beauty to Omeo... In fact, If you like riding Macquaries Pass (ive only ever done that when mates lived in Roberston) then you'll love some of the rides I've got on the list. I vote that you get your own blog...
    DOZER.
  • 01-06-2010 01:56 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Carsons Pioneer lookout on top of the mountain before dropping down. The country around here is magnificent.

• 01-06-2010 01:57 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

• 01-06-2010 02:02 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

dozer.:
    Pete, Myrtleford to Mt. Buffalo is majestic also... Same as Mt. Beauty to Omeo... In fact, If you like riding Macquaries Pass (ive only ever done that when mates lived in Roberston) then you'll love some of the rides I've got on the list. I vote that you get your own blog...
    I just wish I'd had some other riders to share it with Dozer. I was all on my own going OMG! This is the road as it starts its decent. Thunderbolts Way has patchy tarmac, some of it was really bad because of trucks and patchwork repairs while other parts just pristine. I was glad of the big wheels on the Suzuki but because of the sheer magnificance of the scenery I just took it real slow and easy.

• 01-06-2010 02:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

The descent.

• 01-06-2010 02:20 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Big Smile

• 01-06-2010 02:21 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Surprise

• 01-06-2010 02:23 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Stick out tongue

• 01-06-2010 02:24 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Wink

• 01-06-2010 02:25 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Cool

• 01-06-2010 02:36 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Pete, I've combo'd up the smaller rides to include a massive loop into some of the best alpine areas in the country. Its so simple that I connected the best of the best to make this massive loop. Waterfalls, Lakes, State forests, alpine areas.... Even some of the best bakeries in the world are included in this loop. There's also a winery (M) where the italian family who run it, "Lovada Vespa" and Angelo and his wife will be very hospitable an host a lunch... 2 parts of the trip (D and R) are switched back onto themselves, D because its to the summit of Mt. Buffalo (Chalet) and R to include a very nice piece of tarmac thru the granya state forest. Google maps says nearly 13 hours, so I'd be looking to either camp, or stay at accommodation. I have friends that could put a few of us up at Falls Creek, or even can work out a deal to stay in a lodge for a reduced rate (see how many of us there'd be). Another option would be to push onto Mongans Bridge, and stay at the Caravan Park, then its close to the winery, and people can sample the produce, hehehe. Anyone interested? Obviously the tour would start and finish in Albury, and take 2 days........ plus time to travel to Albury and back to Sydney/Melbourne wherever you're from... Sorry to hijack your thread, but Its a way I can host the Coz we can crew thru my stompin' ground. Click below to enlarge....
    DOZER.
  • 01-06-2010 02:39 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

At the bottom of the mountain. It was very hot in the valley. Got into Gloucester at about 2pm sore ass but grinning from ear to ear. I was still about 300ks from home so I stopped for a schooner of lemon squash and a very good burger at a joint called the Thunderbolt Cafe. I probably should have called it a day and stayed overnight but I chose to head back to Sydney through the Hunter Valley. It was really hot and I started getting dehydrated. was getting quite exhausted and beginning to loose concentration. Plus my ass was killing me and I was riding fast just to get through it. Started thinking about Jax's question of "whats happened if you find Pete sitting dazed on the side of the road." Dehydration...

Page 55 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au